GCC: National and foreign national populations aged 15 and above by sex, and sex ratios in GCC countries (national statistics, 2010-2015)
|Nationals||Foreign nationals||Total population|
|Country||date/ period||sex||numbers||men per 100 women||numbers||men per 100 women||numbers||men per 100 women|
|Kuwait (2)||December 2015||males||400,622||92||1,759,012||228||2,159,634||179|
|Qatar (4)||September 2015||males||93,886||96||1,580,985||458||1,674,871||378|
|Saudi Arabia (5)||November 2015||males||6,930,631||98||6,136,833||257||13,067,464||138|
|United Arab Emirates* (6)||mid-2010||males||293,981||100||5,076,366||420||5,370,347||357|
Sources: national institutes of statistics, latest year or period available as of 20 April 2016.
* Our estimates of non-nationals aged 15 and above for 2010.
** Total provides the sum of population numbers at different dates. It is not exactly the total population at any of these dates.
1- persons bearing nationality of a foreign State other than the GCC State of residence, or bearing no proof of nationality from any given state (stateless persons and holders of refugee status and travel document in a third country) ;
2- Holders of residence permit residing in the given GCC country at date of census, as per definition of residence used in each of the countries.
Figures for Bahrain and the UAE are estimates.
2- Sources of data:
(1) Bahrain Central Informatics Organisation (CIO), CIO’s website, “Statistics” and “Population” sections http://www.data.gov.bh/en/ResourceCenter
(2) Kuwait Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI), “Population” Bulletin 2015, 31 December 2015
(3) National Centre for Statistical Information (NCSI), Bulletin of Population Statistics n°5, 2015
(4) Qatar Statistics Authority (QSA), Labor Force Survey 2015, Third Quarter (July-September 2015).
(5) Saudi Arabia Central Department for Statistics and Information (CDSI), Labour Force Survey 2015 (Round 2)
(6) UAE National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), our estimates from: http://www.uaestatistics.gov.ae/EnglishHome/ReportDetailsEnglish/tabid/121/Default.aspx?ItemId=1914&PTID=104&MenuId=1
Date of access: 20 April 2016